Songpan travel tips
1. How can I get there?
You can take the bus to Songpan at Chengdu chadianzi bus station every day from 6:30 to 7:30, buses leave for every half hour. It takes about 8 hours to get there and it costs you around 50 Yuan for this ride.
2. How about the food and accommodations there?
Most of the local people there are minoritis such as Tibetans and Muslems, they eat quite a lot beef, mutton and Zanba(a kind of bread made of barley) washed down by butter tea. Vegetables are especially rare. But with more and more tourists pour in , many restaurants are set up along the streets serving almost all kinds of food even Western food. Accormations are no longer a problem either, probably you can find nothing but hotels along the main streets, among which 3-star or 4-star hotels are available.
3. Is the altitude there very high?
The altitude of Songppan city is about 2850m, which is not very high cpmapred with the cities located in Tibet, but it is high enough to cause some tiny symptoms of altitude sickness for some people such as diziness, hard breathing, insomnia and so on.
4. Are the minority people there easily to get along with?
Generally speaking, most of the local people there are friendly and willing to help, but they are influenced by the visitors from all places they are not as unsophisticated as you expect.
Aba Travel guide
- Panda & Giant Buddha Day T..
- Chengdu Panda Base & Lesha..
- Leshan Giant Buddha & Mt.E..
- 3 Days Spring Tour in Jiuz..
- Jiuzhaigou Snow Tour and X..
- Ganzi Yala Holy Mountain T..
- Jiuzhaigou & Huanglong 3 D..
- Daocheng Yading Nature Res..
- Leshan Giant Buddha Mt.Eme..
- 3 Days Jiuzhaigou Winter B..
- Jiuzhaigou Huanglong 3 day..